Saturday, March 23, 2019


Video Diaries (Marble Hornets)

I think one of the elements that was used in the video diaries I watched was cinematography and editing. I am picking two because I think they go hand in hand in this series. The series I chose was Marble Hornets, it had nothing to do with what it started out to be. I think it was about Slenderman which is why I watched like 15 of the 2-3 minute videos. I think the way that it was edited was one of the major reasons that I kept watching for a good hour and a half. Each clip made you think that in the next clip you would figure it all out which of course you didn’t. The way that it was filmed, or the cinematography was kind of chilling and gave me goosebumps a couple of times. When filming a horror clip or movie and you choose to try to make it look real it is a tough choice, but I think it pays on in this film. I think if I made a movie I would also focus on editing because I think that is the backbone of your movie. If it is not edited correctly it can ruin the entire film.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHzIO0agtCQEsTxUcahZgjQ

2 comments:

  1. Ive seen this series before it was indeed interesting and kept me coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got sucked into this web series from the start. I kept telling myself I'd watch just one more episode and before I knew it I was on episode 28! The creators did a great job on filming and editing this web series.

    ReplyDelete